When I think of aquatic life, I think of a beautiful coral reef filled with different shapes and colors swimming with life! I think of clear clean blue water and schools of different types of fish moving in every direction, maybe even a sea turtle in the back swimming slowly, a very pleasant and peaceful environment.
Flush by Carl
Hiaasen
- Lexile: 830L
- 272 Pages [Paperback]
- Grade Levels: 5+
- Theme / Subject: Environmental Conservation and Preservation, Boats and Underwater Crafts, Animal Conservation and Protection
- Genre: Comedy, Mystery and Suspense, Young Adult Fiction
- Content Area: Middle Grades Science, Earth Science [6th grade]
Read about the effects of sewage on freshwater ecosystems here and how sewage is a threat to coral reefs here!
cool idea for a science class! I read this when I was younger
ReplyDeleteLOVE this book! I actually have it on my list for the curriculum unit library!
ReplyDeleteTURTLE, TURTLE!!! =)
ReplyDeleteI think this book ties in to science content as well as larger social issues.
ReplyDeletecool idea!
ReplyDeletecute fishes!
ReplyDeleteSAVE THE TURTLES
ReplyDeletecool idea!
ReplyDeletefirst science one I've seen!
ReplyDeleteLove the GIFs and this book looks awesome!!
ReplyDeleteI love ocean!
ReplyDeleteRead this in my 7th grade Science class! It's really fun.
ReplyDeleteThe pictures remind me of nemo.
ReplyDeleteDef. a great choice for middle school science!
ReplyDeleteomg i read this book in middle school and it is one of my FAVORITES. i must re read
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures!
ReplyDelete