Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Strategy Lesson Reflection

Annotating Text


Today I had my Strategy Lesson on Annotating Text! I think my Think Aloud went significantly better and there are several things I would do differently, for example, better preparing for my presentation. I can place some blame on technology malfunctioning but educators need to be able to adapt. I also got tripped up on quite a few words at times and my delivery wasn’t the most effective.... In the future if I am ever teaching the strategy of annotation, I would be sure I am more prepared to present the benefits and different variations of annotating text. Annotating text is very important skill that higher-level readers implement in their daily reading almost automatically. Annotating text also comes in many forms and styles – “Annotation is the mother of all during-reading strategies.”



Going into this presentation, I was a little concerned about distinguishing the difference between annotating text and a think aloud. Subjects Matter agreed that these two strategies are very similar but with annotating text, “we want kids to focus on the content as much as the thinking process, so we write a little bit more on the page.”

Overall there were a lot of things I need to work on but hopefully my presentation wasn’t too poor, got some good laughs! – whoa, whoa, whoa… involuntarily?!

Also, in case you were wondering, hair follicles do technically have muscle. There are small muscles attached to hair follicles under the skin. Contractions of these muscles cause hairs to stand on their end, resulting in what we call a goose bump! [261 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment